Panther Ridge Conservation Center offers 3-month internships and for the right individual it may be extended to 6 months. We have housing available for 2 interns on site and offer a $200/month stipend. No pets are allowed. Interns will work 6 days a week and must be up to date on vaccinations including tetanus and be TB negative.
- Diet/meat prep
- Cleaning enclosures
- Animal interactions/training
- General maintenance/landscaping
- Assisting with veterinary care
- Behavioral observation
- Providing enrichment/enrichment projects
- Public interactions and public speaking
- Following safety protocols/etc.
- Must be working toward or have a degree in biology, zoology or related field
- 3 months full time exotic feline experience preferred
- Previous training experience always a plus
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pound boxes
- Ability to work in Florida weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Must work all holidays and weekends
- Ability to stand/walk for 6-8 hours each day
- Must be hardworking, self-motivated individual
- Must work well with others
- Must have their own reliable car
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and three references to our Facilities Manager Sadie Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also encourage photos of previous experience, please include with your application. We will carefully evaluate all applications and will contact for further interview.